• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Cyberpunk 2077

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
Yeah, I noticed mostly blacks are a little bit darker, but nothing I'd bother upgrading an already great system. My copy of Cyberpunk comes tomorrow, I believe. I am a big fun of the genre and play tabletop versions of it already. It will be neat to see it in video game format. Its by the same people as Witcher 3, so I know this is going to be great.
Word of warning, a lot of people seem to be having issues with the game. Personally I've run into very minimal bugs and glitches, I'm on the PS4, Destiny 1 White PS4 version to be specific but I know that is not the experience of everyone else. I'm having a blast with the game, hopefully you have the same experience. CD Projekt Red did release patch 1.04 today so hopefully that helps with some of the issues people are having and of course more patches will come. The Witcher 3 had issues as well at launch.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Word of warning, a lot of people seem to be having issues with the game. Personally I've run into very minimal bugs and glitches, I'm on the PS4, Destiny 1 White PS4 version to be specific but I know that is not the experience of everyone else. I'm having a blast with the game, hopefully you have the same experience. CD Projekt Red did release patch 1.04 today so hopefully that helps with some of the issues people are having and of course more patches will come. The Witcher 3 had issues as well at launch.

All modern games do. Not surprised in the least.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
I'm in no hurry to get this game. It does seem like it's pretty decent but also unfinished in some respects. It also has a good number of bugs. I'll wait 6 months or a year for them to hopefully iron some of that stuff out. Plus I'm thinking about saving up for a better graphics card anyway so I might as well get it after that.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I have my copy, but I also started Red Dead 2 a couple days ago. I'll pop in Cyberpunk when I'm done with that. Not in a rush. I run cyberpunk RPGs all the time so I have my fix. By the time I'm ready, there should be a good number of patches ready to roll.

hoochimama

Baconsalt > WTC7
Wanted to wait a year before playing it for the first time in order to get the best possible experience but couldn't resist and already tried it a bit (also only managed to resist TW3 for 6 months).

Liked most of what I've played so far. As expected the writing is leagues above what other studios are putting out (cept maybe Disco Elysium). Love how the game oozes sex appeal, really makes you want to lose yourself in the gameworld.

Haven't played enough to get a good feel for most of the gameplay (combat, exploration, itemization, questing etc), however I have yet to see anything that would require a first person perspective and so feel the absence of a third person camera mode dearly.

PC performance is pretty rough at the moment, targeting low settings 1080p30fps with an i7 7700, 16GB ram, nvme SSD and GTX1060. Wondering whether I might not just be better off streaming it through Stadia/Luna instead (I have virtually no lag, though I do notice some black crush on google's stream).

The game is getting quite a bit of backlash for its struggling performance on XBO/PS4. IMO had they released next-gen console versions of the game alongside the oldgen versions most of the media and critical attention and performance talk would have been focused there instead, to the game's benefit.

Is there a huge graphic downgrade between the first PS4 (fat) and the PS4 Pro?

I heard someone saying so, I'm still on the PS4 fat model, and I don't know when I will get the PS5, the game will be mine at XXXmas, should I have to wait the PS5 for playing it? Or the game look not that bad on PS4 fat?

Last edited:

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
So I had a sexual encounter with Meredith Stout. She left her vibrator on the bed and now I can equip it and use it in fights instead of a sword. :LOL:

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
All modern games do. Not surprised in the least.
Sounds like the console versions go beyond the day-1 patches. It's pretty rare that a company offers refunds for a game because of glitches.

I'm reading that one of the more amusing glitches is that the character's dicks & breasts just pop out randomly?? Anyone confirm this?

CrimsonBolt

I AM A SLUT FOR RYAN GOSLING
The game is removed from the Playstation Store, and Sony give the money back to everyone that ask it for! (the downloaded version on the PS store)

It's crazy! I guess I will wait the patches, their will be a big patch on January and a second one on February.

CD Projekt shot a bullet in their own foot... And don't understand that why not delayed the launch until February? Now they lost the trust of the gamers and a lot of money...

Really a bad move!

whalers90

Freeones T-shirt Winner
The game is removed from the Playstation Store, and Sony give the money back to everyone that ask it for! (the downloaded version on the PS store)

It's crazy! I guess I will wait the patches, their will be a big patch on January and a second one on February.

CD Projekt shot a bullet in their own foot... And don't understand that why not delayed the launch until February? Now they lost the trust of the gamers and a lot of money...

Really a bad move!
so if you request your money back do they take the game away from you as well? i read this is only for digital purchases only.

CrimsonBolt

so if you request your money back do they take the game away from you as well? i read this is only for digital purchases only.
Yes digital only, my guess is yes they took off the game, they won't let you playing the game if you got your money back, otherwise everyone will do the same.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I think people are seriously overreacting. Yes, I get it, its a little glitchy. I've been asking people I know in real life (not internet people) how glitchy it's been for them on PS4, and all across the board, its the same story. Great game, tons to do, and sometimes the faces are a little messed up. Couple of people said the game crashed once or twice. Well guess that? The Last of Us has crashed on me before. So has The Witcher 3, and Days Gone, and a whole other list of games. It happens.

This isn't the Nintendo days where your game was on a cartridge and you were stuck with what you had. This is 2020, where every game I play gets several updates all the time. This game is no different. It's going to get updates, and glitches are going to get fixed. I understand how excited people were to play it, but get a grip. I haven't loaded my copy yet only because I'm playing Red Dead 2 and The Last of Us 2 again. I'm OK to wait until patches come out because I have a life.

Gamers are being entitled little brats and its a little embarrassing. Its not like they aren't making right.

hoochimama

Baconsalt > WTC7
Sony pulls the game from the playstation store to get back at CDPR for telling disgruntled customers to ask for refunds when it's been against Sony policy?

Low framerates, low resolution, bugs and crashes are par for the course for heavy open world game launches on the current consoles. Where was the flag burning and delisting for Fallout 4 & co? Feels like a concerted attack on CDPR both from the groups that have had it in for them for a long time ("SJW"s and other xenophobes) and those who'd seek to buy them out.

D-rock

It isn't just minor glitches that are the problem. It isn't just the freezing up ever so often that's the problem. It isn't just that the game runs horrible on old generation systems, and lets be frank it does, and CDPR went out of it's way to hide that fact in a shady matter until the game was released. It's that a lot of what CDPR said was going to be in the game isn't in it. It's not just the unrealistic ideas of fans or game journalist here, but the company itself has hyping the product for years now and didn't deliver.

One of the worst things is the AI in the game is terrible, and there is no quick or cheap fix for that. It's why if you notice there is no npc people on motorcycles and the cops can't bother to chase your character more than couple hundred meters, if that. It's also part of why if you turn away from cars next to you they will despawn even if you are right next to them, and that is magnified even more for the game on old generation consoles. Part of that is because the game struggles with all the resources, but part of that is the game needs it to happen because it can't handle to pathing of all those cars right. Under certain circumstances people out on the street will also despawn in a similar manner.

I get that those things are hard to pull off in a big open world, but when you consider that Rockstar was able to pull it off a lot better with GTA5 damn near a decade ago it gets kind of embarrassing. CDPR isn't some indy company anymore. It's the upper echelon of the industry and by many consider the best now, or at least was before this mess. The game had a budget of the hundreds of millions of dollars, and it couldn't even pull of a benchmark of a near decade old game with equal resources, money, and clout in the industry. I could also mention that GTA5 also had a lot more to do in the game from changing your characters hair to fun minigames. By comparison Cyberpunk seems empty.

I still think it's a decent game despite it's flaws, and it actually has a lot of potential. The game needs more work though, and it shouldn't have been released as early as it is.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
I'm curious what platform you're playing it on @D-rock. Oh, and how the patches are helping so far.

D-rock

I'm curious what platform you're playing it on @D-rock. Oh, and how the patches are helping so far.

I haven't bought it myself. When I do I will buy it on PC, but that will be months from now if not more. Usually if I have an option I will go for the PC release not beause I'm a PC fanboy or dislike consoles, but because it's just usually easier for me that way. Plus, by then it might be cheaper and hopefully a lot more of the issues they have now will be ironed out. The experiences from above are from directly watching other people play so it's not hearsay or just second hand knowledge.

I still think it's a good game and worth getting for some people. It's a good game with flaws. It even has potential to be great if they invest in making the game better. They have the resources to do so, but you never know what triple A publishers will do anymore.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Still haven't popped it in. Playing Switch now. Got one for Christmas :p

CrimsonBolt

This will give you an idea. This is with a prostitute so as to avoid any potential spoilers for anyone. (Oh great, age-restricted. You have to watch it on youtube, just click the link.)
Looks pretty cool for a AAA game, I hope they won't censored it with the futur updates.