• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Crowdfunding the Border Wall

sean miguel

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
May 21, 2018 - 03:57 PM EDT

GOP lawmaker introduces bill to crowdfund border wall

Rep. Diane Black (R- Tenn.) has introduced legislation that would create a "border wall trust fund," allowing people to donate money towards President Trump's border wall.

The Border Wall Trust Fund Act would "allow the Secretary of the Treasury to accept public donations to fund the construction of a barrier on the border between the United States and Mexico, and for other purposes."

Appearing on Fox News on Monday afternoon, Black said the bill would allow those "who really want to see a secure border" to donate to a trust to raise money for the security measure.

"What happened to Mexico paying for it?" Fox's Harris Faulkner asked.

"I would like for Mexico to pay for that, and I'm not close enough to the administration to see what kind of pressure they're putting on them," said Black, who is running for governor in Tennessee.

Black said that since she's announced the legislation, she's received a lot of positive responses from Americans who told her they would "be willing to help fund the wall." If the bill is passed, Black said she and her husband would be the first to donate.

Black, a member of the House Budget Committee, also added that the president has "built his case and hopefully in future funding there will be more funding for the wall, but why not have multiple sources so we can have the wall done faster?"

Trump pledged to build a border wall during his 2016 presidential campaign, and repeatedly asserted that Mexico would fund it. He also demanded Congress approve funding to build the wall in the spending package due before September, threatening to let the government shut down if it's not included.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/38...der-wall-trust-fund-under-tennessee-lawmakers

If this bill passes, I'll consider donating but will expect Mexico to fully reimburse my $5.

Johan

And Mexico will pay for the wall !

Just sayin'...

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

Just sayin'...

"The Wall will be paid for, directly or indirectly, or through longer term reimbursement, by Mexico, which has a ridiculous $71 billion dollar trade surplus with the U.S. The $20 billion dollar Wall is “peanuts” compared to what Mexico makes from the U.S. NAFTA is a bad joke!" Trump tweeted.

That early morning post on Thursday doubled down on Trump's comments last week that Mexico "will pay" for the wall "indirectly through NAFTA, okay?"

“You know, if we make a good deal on NAFTA, I'll say I'm going to take a small percentage of that money and it's going to go toward the wall. Guess what? Mexico is paying,” Trump told The Wall Street Journal, according to a transcript of the interview provided this week to Newsweek by the White House.

“Now, Mexico may not want to make the NAFTA deal, which is okay, and then I'll terminate NAFTA—which I think, frankly, [is] a positive for our country. I don't think it's a positive for Mexico, I don't think it's a positive for the world. But it's a positive for our country, because I'd make a much better deal,” Trump added.

Trump has repeatedly threatened to terminate the U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade pact if the terms aren’t renegotiated to alter what he says is unfair treatment of the U.S.

Even if Americans pay for the wall it would be cheaper than the yearly cost of illegals and the mass influx of so-called legal immigration.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/16/h...on-costs-us-workers-500-billion-a-year-video/

ChuckFaze

Closed Account

Just sayin'...
And before Trump's 2 terms are over, Mexico WILL eventually pay for it.
Good things come to those who wait.
Just like Crooked Hillary isn't getting her just dessert as I type this ... but, she will. :yesyes:

Jack Davenport

Trump should have said “ Mexico will reimburse us for it”.
Anyway, I’m willing to shell out a few bucks to get it going.

RJS13

Less than 2,000 posts away from my free Freeones T-shirt.
Count me in!!!

Johan

That's it? Double that and consider it done.

Assuming Trump's cost evaluations is accurate. Many who studied the issue say it would cost 30 to 50 billions, not 12

Also assuming each US citizen agrees to give 115 bucks.
Democrats would never agree to that and neither would most of Indépendante. And even among those who voted for Trump and want the wall to be built, some just can't afford to give away 115 bucks.

Jack Davenport

Assuming Trump's cost evaluations is accurate. Many who studied the issue say it would cost 30 to 50 billions, not 12

Also assuming each US citizen agrees to give 115 bucks.
Democrats would never agree to that and neither would most of Indépendante. And even among those who voted for Trump and want the wall to be built, some just can't afford to give away 115 bucks.

The wall is getting built. Most American would prefer to pay 115 bucks ( if your figure is even correct) than 3 times that in the form of their tax dollars.

RJS13

Even by Trump's own cost evaluations (12 billions, largely underestimated) it would take more than $115/citizen to build the wall
A measly sum considering the benefits.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
You guys seriously think this wall will be built?

I really can't see it happening.

RJS13

You guys seriously think this wall will be built?

I really can't see it happening.
Its already underway ;) . After its done we need a wall on the northern border wall to keep liberal trash from polluting our beloved lands.

~~whimsy~~

Its already underway ;) . After its done we need a wall on the northern border wall to keep liberal trash from polluting our beloved lands.

The moose are gonna take our jobs!!!!!

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to

Not so fast. Canada legalizes recreational marijuana.

Johan

2 walls. Don't forget Alaska.
But yeah, build that northern border wall then buil a giant dome over the country, cut all the cables in the oceans, isolate the US from the rest of the world and live among yourselves only

RJS13

2 walls. Don't forget Alaska.
But yeah, build that northern border wall then buil a giant dome over the country, cut all the cables in the oceans, isolate the US from the rest of the world and live among yourselves only

Fuck Alaska. They way I see it is the more that countries hate us the better off we'll be. LEAVE US ALONE AND FORGET WE EXIST!!